Samvardhana Motherson Peguform (SMP) is a leading expert in high quality interior and exterior modules for the automotive industry. SMP’s first US facility, and only location of its kind will begin production in Tuscaloosa, AL in September 2018. The Company is a member of the Samvardhana Motherson Group, one of the 26 largest automotive suppliers worldwide. The Group was founded in India in 1975, and is today one of the world’s fastest growing automotive component makers. SMP develops and manufactures plastic parts and highly integrated modules for the automotive industry. As specialist in cockpits, door panels, bumper modules and innovative plastic vehicle body parts, SMP has successfully established a footprint in Europe, North America, South America and Asia supplying well-known automotive manufacturers. Given our fast growth, we are constantly looking for talented new colleagues to become part of our team.
• Evaluation of and technical discussions on tool concepts
• Hand-over of specification-compliant tools to the production departments
• Preparation and carrying out of tool allocation negotiations, generation of sampling information
• Assistance for sample submission with the toolmakers
• Generation of tool inquiries, specifications, manufacturing plans and due date plans
• Issuing cost notifications and work orders
• Initiation and monitoring of tool changes
• Responible for tool acceptance in cooperation with the respective production plant and project manager
• Responsible for costs and quality
• Ensuring the supplies to customers.
• Monitoring compliance with the legal requirements, safety at work and environment protection
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering; Technical Degree/Certification in Tooling, Molding, or related field • Experience in handling injection molding tools and tool designs • Experience in developing injection molding and pressing tools • Experience in handling CAD systems
• Knowledge of materials and processes in plastics processing/injection molding • Evaluation of tooling concepts • Tool calculations and cost control • Proficient in English • Proficient in MS Office Suite
Interesting and challenging tasks with a high level of individual responsibility, good development opportunities in a growing global company and a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurances, short and long term disability coverage, paid vacation and holidays and more!
Sound like you? If so, please send an email with your resume attached to email@example.com
Tuscaloosa ist eine der größten und ältesten Städte Alabamas und wurde daher zur „lebenswertesten Stadt Amerikas“ ernannt.